Hurrah, I received an award!
With honour I accept the Very Inspiring Blogger Award, handed to me by the hardworking, handsome and athlectic handy-repair man Mr.jackchaser. If you like to read something (slightly) naughty during your waking hours, this man is for you. I still wonder how he found me, the clean cut housewife (and author!) from Vancouver.
In order to accept this wonderful award, I have to follow certain rules. Here they are, I MUST
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 7 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements
I will keep it short and sweet, here are seven things you should know about Christina- or better, here are seven items I don’t mind reveiling about myself:
– I don’t know WHY I want to reach the bestsellers list on either Amazon.com or The New York Times. The more I know about it, the less appealing it is! Hint: most authors buy their own way into the list!
– Everybody can write a book- that’s the easy bit! But not everybody can promote his own work! Let me tell you, it is fun to create a new job description for yourself. In my case I added “Speaker.”
– As much as I love our new home, Canada, and as much as I love to support it – economically – I prefer doing our shopping in the US. It’s way cheaper!
– Rain can’t bring me down – if you don’t like the rain, don’t move to B.C.
– I am falling victim to the great advertising scam!. In particular: Age Defying and Youthful look! I start buying more and more of these creams!
– For some it’s the Happy Place, for others it’s just a room; I refer to the klitchen and cooking. Am I a bad mother because I don’t really care about cooking? Don’t worry, somehow I manage to feed my family with good stuff. Not with creative recipes, but with basic ingredients!
– Personally, it is still a mystery to me why children prefer playing on the Xbox than reading books!
And here they are, the seven nominees for the Inspiring Blogger Award:
1. Lesley Carter, for showing us that it’s possible to live the dream
2. This wonderful recipe blog for the inspiration!
3. Olivia, because I totally agree that a glass of bubbles can solve just about any problem.
4. Reading this brings back wonderful memories of our life in London:
5.This quasi redhead has some funny stories about diets and life in general!
6.Barry from Australia, aka Baz-The Landy, for doing something I would never do: Climbing mountains higher than Mt. Kilimanjaro
7. This one is a mom’s blog– do I need to say more?
If you have a moment check out any one of these wonderful, inspirational bloggers. They are all special and WOW in their own way! Happy reading!